- You call your child by the wrong name, but instead of you catching yourself and going through each child’s name until you hit the right one, you have no clue you’ve done anything wrong.
- You look at your foot. You realize if you don’t move your foot, the basket of laundry you’re about to drop is going to squish that foot. You drop the basket of laundry anyway, before your brain has moved your foot.
- You start to tell a joke. Even though it is the funniest thing you’ve heard in a long time, you forget either a large portion of the joke and have to go back or you forget the punchline. Either way, you remember ROFLMAO but you can’t remember why!
- You start to tell your significant other something very important. You’re hit with deja vu. You ask “Have I told you this before?” You’ve told them 5 times already.
- You start to tell a story. You’re hit with deja vu. See above.
- You can’t remember your birth date or some other piece of information you’ve known your whole life.
- You’re asked your child’s birth date and you have to go through each kid’s birth date until you get to the correct one.
- You’re sitting at the stoplight and suddenly can’t remember which is the gas and which is the brake.
- You can’t find your cell phone anywhere. You’ve looked everywhere for it! You tell the person you’re talking to on your cell phone about how you can’t find your….oh shit.
I would love to hear your “You might have Fibro-Fog if” moments.