I’m starting to feel guilty that my only posts lately have been “We Got This Wednesday” posts. I haven’t really got anything right now, except pain and fatigue. I did get laundry from two days ago folded, so that’s something. Went to the aquarium with the fam on Saturday. Made it through by sitting on every bench we came across. We have really crappy weather right now, so I’m just concentrating on doing what I can. I have to take my little one to her Halloween party tomorrow and that is all I’m concerned with right now.
This post is brought to you by my daughter’s Kindle Fire. My laptop’s battery is being estupido.
– I kicked major booty yesterday. Thanks to the mild weather with no storm in the forecast until next week, I was able to sweep and mop my kitchen and bathroom, do dishes, work on laundry and take my kids to the park. We found giant maple leaves to hang up for fall decorations.
– I made baby booties and bibs for my sister and my niece.
– I attended my niece’s baby shower. It was so nice to just relax with family and have fun with some of my favorite people.
– I went to my kids’ parent-teacher conferences on Friday morning. They went great. My kids are doing awesome.
– I’ve been recycling, which has given me lots of happy-doing-something-good-for-the-earth feelings.
– I have maintained my weight, despite the flare days where I do nothing. I have made it a goal to find something positive to tell myself about my appearance every day.
– TMI: I’ve been listening to hip hop while I do my post-shower routine. While I’m warm from the hot water, I dance naked. Totally puts a smile on my face and loosens up my muscles. **CHEESE** BTW: I am in the bathroom and the door is locked, so no one can see me. The naked dancing doesn’t leave the bathroom.
Hope you all have found some things this week to make yourself smile, laugh and appreciate life. Love yourself.
I can’t figure out how to share a video in my post on this device but, go to YouTube and look up Paramore’s “Anklebiters”.
Do not buy the Resolve pre-wash stain-treater, especially if you also have the Resolve carpet stain-lifter. Why? Because when you have Fibro-Fog and you’re doing laundry, you may just grab the wrong one. The bottles are identical, except for the label. The carpet stain-lifter is not color fast and I sprayed it on my one of my favorite Broncos shirts. I am now washing a shirt with two towels so that the carpet crap doesn’t ruin any of my other clothes. GRRRRR!!!!! Stupid brain!
Today’s post will be short, as I’m in a major flare. That just means each accomplishment gets a major high five.
-I’ve kept the kitchen floor clean by sweeping every couple days.
-All laundry is washed and dried. As long as my hubby put that load in the dryer like I asked him to last night. To my knowledge, all laundry is washed and dried. The kids and the hubby are going to have a reunion with the iron and the wrinkle release cycle on the dryer.
-I went shopping with the hubby and kids on Saturday.
Here’s to us! Haters gonna hate. You do you and they can do them. What others think of us is none of our business. You’re welcome.
It is that day again. We got this.
- I cleaned all day Monday. I cleaned the entire bathroom, did all the dishes and swept and mopped the floors. I also finished laundry. In true we-got-this fashion, I’m not going to tell you how badly I hurt after that, or how poorly I slept.
- Looking at the camel, thinking about hump day, reminded me that the hubby and I had some adult time.
Ummm…crap. I am seriously drawing a blank on anything else I may have done. I probably fried brain cells with that much cleaning on Monday. My brain hasn’t been worth anything this week. Here’s a fun meme, since I can’t think.
Since I am on auto-pilot, I need extra help with We Got This Wednesday. Comment with your accomplishments please? I need some helping getting my fibro mojo back.
Today, my husband told me, “Your brain is so entertaining.” He made this comment after I asked him, “Is there still traffic ahead?” What I meant was, “Is there still construction ahead?” I knew I wasn’t using the correct word, but my mouth just spits out whatever, like it’s too impatient for my brain to catch up.
I just had a wrong number phone call. I told her, “You have the incorrect number.” I kind of said it slowly, because I knew that wasn’t what I’d usually say and I knew it would sound funny, but I couldn’t come up with the word “wrong”. Come on brain! Wake up and use the correct words, please.
Today, I had to ask myself, “What do I need to accomplish today, in order to be able to love myself?” I couldn’t go to my daughter’s helper day and that left me feeling similar to the way I felt when I had to stop working. If I can’t do that, I shouldn’t do anything. I walked through my house, noticing everything that had to be done, that I would not be getting to today. Then, I noticed my toothbrush, all ready to go, from yesterday. I had put toothpaste on it, only to realize I had just brushed my teeth. I decided to leave it for later, then forgot about it again.
Brushing my teeth was step one. Step two, was opening the shades. Step three, was starting on the dishes that were overflowing the sink. I sat down, when I became to tired to stand and decided I would leave the pots for someone else. My arms and hands were weak and shaking when I was done, but I accomplished the one thing I had decided I could handle today. I didn’t even realize that I had begun with the idea that I’d be happy with myself today, if I accomplished the dishes, until I was rinsing. I focused on sitting up straight and flexing my abdomen, which I’ve noticed help my back.
Afterward, I almost broke down again because I realized I was hungry and had no energy left to make lunch. It took three looks through the kitchen, but I finally remembered the leftover chicken enchiladas. I opened the front door and the backdoor, so I could listen to the birds sing. Next on the agenda, is picking up kids from school in 2 1/2 hours. I believe I’ll be resting until then.
The next time you are in a flare, ask yourself this question:
“What do I need to accomplish today, in order to be able to love myself?”
Be kind to yourself, be reasonable, and don’t overwhelm yourself. Choose a simple task that has been bugging you, and then be happy with your choice.
- Made peanut butter, chocolate chip, banana bread and chocolate chip zucchini bread.
- Made chicken enchiladas.
- Did some dishes.
- Altered some things for my girls; pajama pants, skirt, t-shirt and shorts.
- Went to Katie’s volleyball game and went to the mall after.
Comment on your accomplishments or share.
PS. The point of this is to focus on the positive, which is really hard for me today. I’m missing my daughter’s helper day at school because I’m in a stupid flare. Out of all the days to be in a flare, why does it have to be today?
F-Bomb Level Pain is when you just want to curl up in bed, with heating pads and heated blankets and repeat the F-word over and over and over. That is where I’m at right now. I didn’t even do much today or yesterday. I did WAY too much on Sunday. I was wondering at my luck. Not feeling so lucky anymore. Everything is hurting or spasming and I’m exhausted. Even my fingers are protesting my typing this post. I need my Epsom salts for a bath, but I feel too tired for even that. I’m going to meditate and hopefully that will help.